Smart Crowd Limited are committed to providing the highest level of privacy and security regarding collection and use of their customers’ personal information. This policy describes how we may collect, use and disclose your personal information including when contacting us.
Personal information comprises all the details Smart Crowd holds or collects directly or indirectly (including via cookies or other similar tools) about you, your transactions, financial information, interactions or dealings with Smart Crowd, including information received from third parties and information collected through use of our websites and mobile solutions.
There are a number of laws which set out important standards regarding information that identifies a living individual. This is known as “personal data.” All organisations processing personal data must do so fairly and lawfully.
At Smart Crowd Limited we treat all of our obligations seriously and take all steps necessary to comply when we store and process your personal data.
It is essential to us to collect, store and process only the minimum required amount of personal data so that we can offer and perform our services. Typical information we might ask for includes your name, your address, other contact details and Anti Money Laundering / Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) related information. In addition our servers automatically receive and record information on all visitors to our websites. Please see section 5 (below) about cookies for more information.
We will record your personal data (aside from the automatic information detailed above) once we you have full registered.
We collect your personal data in a number of different ways, including the following:
- if you provide it when communicating with us (For example when registering for our services);
- if you invest in any of our products or services;
- if you enter a competition or promotion;
- if you make payments or modify your account details; and
- when you visit our websites (for example by cookies, technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other browser-generated information such information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.).
- Assessing customer suitability for products and services.
- Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customers (KYC) assessments, and setting investor risk profile.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- For the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime (including without limitation, money laundering, terrorism, fraud and other financial crime) in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks.
- To comply with local or foreign law, regulations, voluntary codes, directives, judgements or court orders, agreements between any member of the FAB group and any authority, regulator or enforcement agency policies, reporting requirements under financial transaction legislation and demands or requests of any authority, regulator, enforcement agency or exchange body.
- To seek professional advice, including in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) for obtaining legal advice or establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.